Live Instructor Zoom Training
In response to COVID-19, All NYC Safety is offering instructor-led live Zoom courses as a remote learning option. We are in very uncertain times and we are taking the steps necessary for the safety and protection of our students, instructors, co-workers and family. The DOB has temporarily allowed live remote learning courses giving students the opportunity to complete their construction training safely at home from a laptop, tablet or phone.
To view upcoming live instructor-led courses, click here.
How Instructor-led Zoom Classes Work?
After you have registered and paid for the class, we will email you the Zoom link & meeting number to join the live virtual training session. On the day and time of the class, join the online training session using your computer or smart phone via the Zoom App. You must have this app downloaded on your device to receive online access to the training. You also must have access to an internet connection, computer, tablet or smart phone with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. You do NOT need to have a zoom account to join the online course. The email sent to you will provide you with the course material and access. You will be able to see and hear the instructor in real time, virtually raise your hand, ask questions, and interact with other students.
All courses are actively monitored for identification, attendance and participation from start to finish, to ensure that students are present and attentive during the entire training. Prior to start of class you must email a copy of your government issued ID as well as a photo of your face with a white or grey background. No hats please! At the start of the virual course there will be an ID verification, where all students must show their face and valid ID before the instructor can start teaching the course.
Zoom Classroom Guidelines
Please follow these tips to ensure that courses are conducted appropriately and that you get the most out of your class:
1. Use a good quality device (Phone, Laptop or Tablet) on a high speed WiFi connection so that you may be seen and heard clearly. This is especially important during attendance check, ID Verification and class participation.
2. Before the start of class please email a copy of your government issued ID and a photo of your face with a white or grey background to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hats in the photo please. All participants will be ID verified, so please have your valid ID handy. You will be required to show your face and ID for proof of attendance throughout the course.
3. You must attend 100% of the training course to receive credit. If the connection is dropped due to connectivity or app issues please follow steps to re-enter the class via Zoom immediately. If you are unable to re-join for any reason email email@example.com for additional information on retaking the virtual course.
4. Please choose to take the class in a quiet and indoor setting. This is best for your learning as well as the other students taking the course. You will be able to mute your microphone to avoid background noise during the virtual course.
5. Students joining 15 minutes past class start time will not be allowed to participate in the course and will have to retake the training at a later date.
6. Class participation is a must and therefore highly encouraged throughout the course.
7. Have pen and paper ready for taking notes as questions will be asked during class to make sure you understand the material. All course material will be emailed. Please check your email to ensure all handouts and assessments have been received.
8. Please note, once course is complete you will be notified on when to make an appointment to pick up certifications.
NO SHOWS & REFUND POLICY
Students who fail to attend a course without providing at least 72-hours notice will be issued a credit to use towards any course on All NYC Safety within one year. Cancellation or reschedule requests must be received at least 72 hours before the start of class time in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click here to view our full policy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your virtual course or setting up Zoom, please contact us.