16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User Card Spanish Sundays 7/22 & 7/29
NYC DOB 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold User SPANISH
July 22, 2018 8AM – 5PM
July 29, 2018 8AM – 5PM
Location: 589 Johnson Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11237
Chapter 33 of Title 1 of the Rules of the City of New York requires individuals who use or work on a suspended scaffold in NYC to complete 16-hours of training by a Dept. of Buildings-approved training provider. This certification must be renewed every four years.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to Suspended Scaffolds:
- Suspended Scaffold Accidents
- Review of OSHA 29 CFR 1926:
- Subpart “L” – Scaffolds
- Subpart “M” – Fall Protection
- Subpart “P” – Personal Protective Equipment
- NYC Dept. of Buildings & Construction Codes:
- BC 3301 – General
- BC 3314 – Scaffolds
- BC 3307 – Protection of Pedestrians
- Principals of Fall Protection
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Suspended Scaffold Hardware, Inspection & Use:
- Rejection Criteria for Hardware & Components
- Safe Use of Tools
- Anchor Points, Tie Backs, Parapet Hooks
- Procedures for Suspended Scaffold Planning, Erection & Removal
- Basic Ropes, Knots & Hitch Configurations
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
Student learning will be achieved through classroom presentations, lectures and hands-on demonstrations including use of scale-model & full-size scaffolds.
Requirements to Receive Certificate of Completion:
To receive a certificate of completion for this course, students must:
- Be present during 100% of the course
- Participate actively in learning activities, including hands-on demonstrations
- Achieve a passing score of 70% on the final exams (written & practical)
Note: The practical portion of the final exam requires students to demonstrate basic proficiency in tying knots, terminating wire rope, assembling block & tackle, and hoist motor operation.
Students who do not achieve 70% on the written or practical exam may retake the entire 16-hour course and exam for a fee of $150. Students who fail the exam are not eligible for a refund.
Make-up time is not permitted for this course. If, for any reason, a student misses any part of the training, the student must contact NYCSTC to make arrangements attend another class (additional fees may apply).