30-Hr OSHA Card CHINESE (MANDARIN) Please Call for groups of 8 or more
OSHA 30-Hour for Construction Chinese (Mandarin)
Please call for arrangements
589 Johnson Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
This course requires a minimum of 3 students. If at least 3 students do not enroll, a notification of cancellation will be sent via email on the day prior to the scheduled start and a full refund will be issued.
This course, which was developed by the U.S. Dept. of Labor, is designed to introduce workers to OSHA, inform workers of their rights under the OSH Act of 1970, and familiarize workers with some of the health and safety standards contained in 29 CFR 1926 OSHA: Construction Industry Regulations.
Per NYC Local Law 41, all workers on Major Buildings* shall have successfully completed, within the previous five calendar years, a ten hour course approved by the United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration in construction industry safety and health.
*Major Building is defined as:
- An existing or proposed building 10 or more stories or;
- 125 feet or more in height, or
- An existing or proposed building with a building footprint of 100,000 square feet or more regardless of height, or
- An existing or proposed building so designated by the commissioner due to unique hazards associated with the construction or demolition of the structure.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Review of OSHA’s Four High Hazards in Construction
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Tools – Hand & Power
- Materials Storage, Handling, Use & Disposal
Student learning will be achieved through classroom presentations, lectures and hands-on demonstrations including use of scale-model & full-size scaffolds.
Requirements to Receive Certificate of Completion:
To receive a certificate of completion for this course, students must:
- Be present during 100% of the course
- Participate actively in learning activities, including hands-on demonstrations
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be issued a certificate of completion from NYCSTA. Within 30 days, students will receive a wallet card issued by the U.S. Dept. of Labor. OSHA wallet cards will be mailed directly to the student regardless of who paid for the class.
Per OSHA standards, if a student misses any portion of the class, the student may be eligible to complete the training at a later time. This is considered “Makeup Training”. The Outreach trainer may conduct makeup training for a student in accordance with requirements which can be found at //www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/program_requirements.pdf.
If, for any reason, a student misses any part of the training, the student must contact NYCSTC to make arrangements attend another class (additional fees may apply).