8-Hr Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover Refresher 5/26
8-Hour Supported Scaffold Installer & Remover Refresher Training
Saturday May 26, 2018: 8am-5pm
589 Johnson Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
NYC Local law 52 requires 8-hour refresher training for individuals who wish to continue installing, adjusting, repairing, maintaining, inspecting, or removing supported scaffolds that are 40 feet or more in height, including the person supervising such work. This refresher training must be taken every four years. Anyone who installs, adjusts repairs, maintains, or removes a sidewalk shed that provides a base for a supported scaffold that is 40 feet or more in height, including the person supervising such, are subject to the above requirements.
Prerequisites: Anyone wishing to attend this course must present an ORGINIAL 32-hour Supported Scaffold Installer/Remover card from a Dept. of Buildings-approved training provider. If the card is expired more than one year, the student will not be eligible to take the refresher class and must retake the 32-hour course.
Course content includes:
- General Overview of Scaffolds:
- Tubular Welded Scaffolds
- Tube & Clamp Scaffolds
- System Scaffolds
- Overview of Supported Scaffold Accidents
- Overview of OSHA 1926 Subpart “L”: Scaffolds
- Overview of NYC Dept. of Buildings & Construction Codes:
- General Principals of Fall Protection
- Overview of OSHA 1926 Subpart “M” – Fall Protection
- Overview of OSHA 1926 Subpart “E” – Personal Protective Equipment
- Overview of Supported Scaffold Hardware, Inspection & Use:
- Procedures for Supported Scaffold Planning, Erection & Removal
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
Student learning will be achieved through classroom presentations, lectures and hands-on demonstrations including use of scale-model & full-size scaffolds.
Requirements to Receive Certificate of Completion:
To receive a certificate of completion for this course, students must:
- Be present during 100% of the course
- Participate actively in learning activities, including hands-on demonstrations
- Achieve a passing score of 70% on the final exams (written & practical)
Note: The practical portion of the final exam requires students to demonstrate basic proficiency in installation & removal of supported scaffolds and their components.
Students who do not achieve 70% on the written or practical exam may retake the entire 16-hour course and exam for a fee of $100. Students who fail the exam are not eligible for a refund.
Make-up time is not permitted for this course. If, for any reason, a student misses any part of the training, the student must contact NYCSTC to make arrangements attend another class (additional fees may apply). Please visit us at nycsafetycenter.com for more information.