4-Hr Scaffold User Card 6/28 Thursday Evening
4-hour Supported Scaffold User
06/28/18 5pm – 9:15pm
589 Johnson Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
NYC Local Law 52 requires all individuals who use a supported scaffold, including the person supervising such, to complete (at minimum) 4-hours of training by a Dept. of Buildings-approved training provider. This course must be repeated every four years.
Course content includes:
- Introduction to Supported Scaffolds
- Review of Supported Scaffold Accidents
- Overview of OSHA 1926 Subpart “L”: Scaffolds
- Overview of NYC Dept. of Buildings & Construction Codes
- General Principals of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- Supported Scaffold Hardware, Inspection & Use
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
Student learning will be achieved through classroom presentations, lectures and hands-on demonstrations including use of scale-model & full-size scaffolds.
Requirements to Receive Certificate of Completion:
To receive a certificate of completion for this course, students must:
- Be present during 100% of the course
- Participate actively in learning activities, including hands-on demonstrations
Make-up time is not permitted for this course. If, for any reason, a student misses any part of the training, the student must contact NYCSTC to make arrangements attend another class (additional fees may apply).